Speaking about women’s health, the first thing that approaches to mind is linked to the problems of menstruation.
Unlike men, women, right from the time their system starts producing eggs, begin menstruating in cycles of approximately 30 days, when there is flow of blood from their vagina, which is nothing but eggs that have not joined with sperm and do not result in conception, and flow away from the uterus through the vaginal opening. Since there is a rhythm in the body, the women can calculate when they are going to have periods approximately, and plan their activities, including keeping sufficient material to drain up and dry the flow through sanitary pads etc.
Though each and every lady is aware of this actuality of life, she must take precautions and avoid nonessential pregnancy specially when they are just teenagers. This is important because unwanted pregnancy at that early age can affect their health not only physically but also psychologically.
Though the present generation is very well aware of the problems concerned with women’s health, and the role of nutrition in this respect, which have been well documented by pharmaceutical circles, unfortunately not much is known how natural products which are around us can help in regulating the menstrual cycle.
Generally Women can have disorders such as – 1. Menorrhagia – Periods which are emblematic of heavy or long menstrual flow. 2. Dysmenorrhea – Highly painful periods. 3. Hypomenorrhea – Scanty periods. 4. Amenorrhea – Skipped period. 5. Oligomenorrhea – Impaired breaks of menstrual period.
A lady has to undergo different problems including Late periods, Amenorrhea, Dysmenorrhea, Fibroids and Problems linked with C and D Operations.
Women generally experience pain prior to their cycle, which is known as Premenstrual syndrome, and sometimes while menstruating. Women also suffer from cramps, tender-breasts, headaches and back pain during this time. All of these are caused by hormones and changes taking place due to casting away the uterus’ lining. The following natural remedies can be of great help to get rid of these conditions:
1. If you take a capsule of Black Cohosh which is a good remedy, for both pre and post menstrual problems, it helps by imitating estrogen in your body. It can stop hot flushes, get rid of depression problems.
2. Another ancient traditional Chinese herb, Licorice Root, is effective in solving female reproductive setbacks, which can also control water preservation.
3. The usage of Vitamin C boosts iron content and eliminates problems connected with lack of iron in the body. Daily dosages of nutrients, minerals and vitamins, can help reduce pains associated with periods; maybe a multi-vitamin and mineral table can help.
4. Flax seed has good effect on hormones.
5) Stop Alcohol – Alcohol enhances any problem so it is important that you stop drinking alcohol. Try to content yourself with just light wine.
6) Herbs, tea and others – Herbs can lessen the heavy flow. So it is vital for you to take Shepherd’s purse in your daily routine. Consuming two cups of freshly made Red Raspberry tea can flow and supports your uterus. Eating lots of seeds and nuts, pulses, vegetable oils and fruits can calm your nerves and muscles as they supply a good quantity of nutrients. As a result you can be free of cramps.